Prada FW08 | Fallen Shadows

Friday, May 09, 2008

A magazine #7 - curated by Kris Van Assche

Probably due to his Dior Homme designer status, otherwise, I don't think he's upthere to become A magazine's curator, not yet.
A bi-annual magazine was born in June 04. First issue was curated by no one other than the avant-garde master Martin Margiela. Yohji Yamamoto, Haider Ackermann, Jun Takahashi of Undercover, Martine Sitbon and Veronique Branquinho all followed suit. Now when it comes to issue #7, A magazine invites Kris Van Assche to expose his inspiration, collaboration, pov and personal liking to the world of fashion.
IMO, other than the 1st two seasons for his own label, I don't find Van Assche's ideas that interesting, on top, I can't stand his tricksy, gimmicky details (such as double collar, twisted collar, the ornated linear straps) which are really much ado about nothing for menswear. He, to me, is like Dirk Bikkembergs for the noughties with no integrity of fashion. Don't think I'm buying this issue since I'm not buying him, but for the next one for sure will be my must-have issue, reason? It will be curated by Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci ~ can't wait for that ...

No comments: