Prada FW08 | Fallen Shadows

Friday, January 25, 2008

OUT NOW!

I now so tempted to drop British Vogue these days. There's nothing amazing to see, disappointingly boring and not at all cosmopolitan, and it's somehow oozing the "Neo-rich London housewife" kind of feeling whom they have nothing better to do, sadly, not at all a stylish magazine and why? I've got to the point where I don't need a magazine to tell me what's in or out, nor do I want to know what English woman (not chic nor stylish, judging by the picture) to debate over the latest silhouettes or colour. Why would this magazine lost touch with modernity, because of answering to the market? or advertising pressure? British Vogue is not informative and world-round enough these days. On the other hand, I don't mind reading the ever-so-stylish VogueParis even if I don't know French. Carine Roitfeld can sometimes give us a naff cover like this, but at the same time, you can also expect the unexpected like Bruce Weber's draggy cover, which was major and daring and why not? I understand national VOGUE should always cater and lead their local market, but as one of the English versions, you expect your mag to reach a global level. "BristishVogue, do you wanna listen?"

No comments: